Life's rewards don't come without cost.

We have each started getting regular smiles from Miss Lauren. They are quick and hard to catch, but these are my best shots so far - and one of them is half blocked by her arm! Needless to say, the little bit you can see is well worth it! Her face just lights up and I giggle like a school girl each time I get one.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The other thing she has discovered is her mobiles; in her crib, her swing and pack-n-play. It is hysterical to watch her with these things. She'll be crying and then realize that there are little "things" dancing around above her and she stops crying immediately. This morning she was actually laughing at the bears in her pack-n-play.Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Big brother Josh still thinks she's cute and takes every chance to pet her head. I've tried explaining to him that she's not like Mattie and we don't really "pet" peoples' heads. But alas, he continues.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

He is still a huge help and hears, "Josh, can you get me (fill in the blank).", "Josh, where's her pacifier.", "Josh pour your mother a drink." Well, maybe not the last one quite yet. But we're working on it.

Speaking of drinks, he actually got to give Lauren a bottle this week. He'd been asking to help with that task for awhile and I'd been hesitant because her reflux issue can make feeding time not so much fun. He did great though!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I have spoken poorly of our dog many times. But that girl has finally earned her keep. Her and Josh run around the house and keep each other busy while I'm running around like crazy. He is so tough on her and I do my best to keep him at bay, but deep down they are best buds.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

With Dustin working at both jobs I've basically been a single parent and it's hard finding a balance between both the children. However, last night Lauren was in a good mood and Josh and I had the chance to make some brownies for Dad.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
YUM-O!

Lauren's sleeping is still all screwed up. I start back at work a week from tomorrow and I will have to get up at 5:00 am. Last night I got 45 minutes of sleep before 5:00 am. So either that girl had better get this sleeping thing figured out or I am going to have to learn how to take a nap in my car during the lunch hour.

Here's a couple other cute photos of Lauren. You can really tell how much she's changing - and see all those little curls in her hair!!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And just so you all don't think that I'm riding the easy train; we do have bad moments too.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

0 comments:

I drive a mini-van. I have a love/hate relationship with tax season. I adore anything kate spade. I am a mother to three children: Josh the second grader, Lauren the preschooler and Ella the toddler. This is my blog. I am Elizabeth Bricker.
 
Copyright 2009 The Brickers All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes