While at Target Dustin convinced me to buy a set of shears so that I can cut Josh and Dustin's hair. I was extremely hesitant but when I saw that the Deluxe set was as much as ONE trip to Cost Cutters, I was quickly convinced. We got home and I diligently read all of the instructions and Dustin volunteered to be my first victim.
If I do say so myself, I didn't do too bad. I mean, Josh's bangs are straight and Dustin's side burns are even. Cost Cutters doesn't even get that much right most times!
The kids' pictures went amazingly well on Friday. Dustin ended up working so I had to take them on my own. I got my exercise for the day and was sweating like a pig by the time the 20 minute session was over.
But the pictures made it completely worth it!!! (Okay...I cant figure out the scanner. So deal with the awkward layout.)
Do we not have the most beautiful children? I saw the one of Lauren and started crying because her eyes are so beautiful. As always, Josh doesn't take a bad picture.
We continued working on the swing set this weekend. Joel came over on Saturday and helped - Thank God! Dustin and I had gotten pretty far before Joel joined in and shortly after his arrival I realized I had misinformed Dustin as to which screws to use. So they had to replace about 30+ screws. Then I told them that the boards on the ends had to be flip-flopped. Yeah, I was not their favorite person.
Seriously, though, look how many pieces there are.
They spent more time on Saturday fixing my directional errors than making any real progress. So Dustin and I decided to attack it again on Sunday. Shortly after beginning we called in for reinforcements. Larry and Toni came over to help. We made some progress as soon as I had someone to watch the kids; however, we're still about 15 steps from completion.
I'm pretty sure that we'll be working on it all weekend in order to make the August 19th deadline!
Last night I decided to go grocery shopping with the kids after work. I know I'm a strong woman and I feel I can handle quite a bit more than the average woman. But last night almost broke me! First it's like 100 degrees outside and 99% humidity. (And may I interject that no one can really complain about the weather besides my husband. The poor guy is out in this junk 14+ hours a day.) Anyway, we began shopping and it was going well. I made it through the Produce department and Josh was busy playing his Leapster and Lauren was all smiles.
Then we got through the first aisle and Josh began with his million questions. "Can I get this?" "What's this?" "Why is that there?" "Are you done?" "What is that on that man's head?" "Ewww. Gross. Mom you aren't going to make me eat that. Are you?" AHHH! Then we got to the second aisle and I realized I lost my shopping list. Back to aisle 1 for the list.
Skipped the rest of aisle 2. Onto aisle 3. Then the storm started. You could hear the thunder and the lights began to flicker. Lauren started crying because she was done smiling at me and wanted to be held so she could see the world. I quick made a bottle for her and tried to shop and feed her at the same time.
On to aisle 4. Then I realized I left my list back in aisle 3 when I was making the bottle. So back to aisle 3. And then the lights went out.
So now Josh was scared and Lauren was in a full-on crying fit. I tried to pick her up in the dark without poking her in the eye and grabbed Josh's hand so that he knew I was right there. Finally after the longest 5 minutes ever, the lights came back on.
On to aisle 5. I could go on but I think everyone gets the drift. $136.14 later I was ready to go home and unload all this crap.
Then I made dinner, took the kids to fill up my van, gave baths, did dishes, fed Lauren and got the kids to bed just in time for Dustin to call and say he was on his way home. After that kind of evening the only thing I wanted was a full night of sleep.
Amazingly, I woke up to my alarm clock this morning and not Lauren crying. I'd say I earned it!
0 comments:
Post a Comment