Death by drywall

Since I seem to be back to a more normal "me" lately, I decided to take advantage of the gorgeous fall weather last Thursday and take the kids for a nice walk. Either I'm out of shape, the kids have gained weight or a combination of the both...but that walk wiped out half my energy before the evening had even begun.

Photobucket

I think I should have had the kids pull me in the wagon because then they'd be the ones out of energy and I'd be fully refreshed by the brisk, fresh air. Instead it was the other way around.

Once we got home I made a nice spaghetti supper (Josh's favorite) and even made a batch of cupcakes (Lauren's favorite). After supper we did a little Halloween project. I had purchased these foam pumpkins a while back and thought we should wait closer to Halloween to assemble them because in my household...they'll only last a week of two.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Josh did a great job on his pirate pumpkin and Lauren helped, in her own little way, by throwing away all our sticky tabs and yelling "Kiki" (a/k/a Kitty). They turned out cute and Josh was proud of his masterpiece.

Friday night Lauren was being super silly so I got a few photos of her being wacky. She was laughing at herself and playing peek-a-boo with the camera. As soon as I got the camera out she was in full performance mode.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Saturday was a crazy day from hell. We worked down in Josh's room for most of the day. Dustin painted the ceiling and I painted the walls. It was a disaster. We didn't have ceiling paint so Dustin used some white paint we had. Wrong! It was semi-gloss and looked like crap. The color on the walls...was awful. I wanted gray but this had too much blue and looked almost purple when it dried. By the time we were done for the day I was irritated beyond belief and had to quick make dinner and get ready for a work party.

Sunday morning we had to go buy some new ceiling paint and a new color for the walls and a run a few errands before meeting the family for Uncle Joel's birthday lunch.

We all were stuffed after lunch yet each of us found room for chocolate shakes. Poor Lauren could barely keep her tummy covered she was so full!

Photobucket
Photobucket

After lunch I was bound and determined to have Josh's room completely painted by the end of the day whether it killed me or not.

So in between doing 10 loads of laundry I repainted the ceiling, put two coats of color on the walls, painted the trim and painted the wood for inside the window. By last night my back was in spasms, my feet were numb and my entire body was screaming. I was so achey that I couldn't even fall asleep so every 45 minutes I kept getting up and switching laundry loads until about midnight.

I am thrilled with the results and even though all I want to do is crawl into bed when I get home tonight I will muster up some energy after the kids go to sleep and continue painting.

Photobucket

I had a little freak out session about the basement this weekend. We have about two months before this entire project needs to be done. I set a Christmas deadline for a number of reasons but the biggest being that as soon as tax season gets here all work will halt. Because I'll be working a million hours, Dustin will either be caring for the kids or working and then all of a sudden it will be baby time.

Having to see the basement in such disarray every day is just a constant reminder (or nag) and it's wearing me down. Dustin's gone so much that he only sees it once or twice a week so I know he doesn't have the same "doomsday" outlook that I have. Hence the source of a lot of our heated discussions. On a side note, I once read a study about how many marriages can't survive a remodeling project. I doubted the validity at the time I read it. I get it now.

Basically I never start anything I can't finish so I refuse to do that now. But...if this basement kills me (like I feel it's doing) please put something witty on my epitaph about how I'd rather die than fail.

Baby Update: 19 weeks

Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.

Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

0 comments:

I drive a mini-van. I have a love/hate relationship with tax season. I adore anything kate spade. I am a mother to three children: Josh the second grader, Lauren the preschooler and Ella the toddler. This is my blog. I am Elizabeth Bricker.
 
Copyright 2009 The Brickers All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes