My birthday was pretty uneventful. I left work at noon and ran a bunch of errands in preparation for the big birthday party on Saturday. My family took me and the kids out to dinner since Dustin had to work. This makes it THREE birthdays in a row he wasn't with me on my birthday and, by God, it better be the last.
I pointed out to him that two years ago I was alone with Josh. Last year I was alone with Josh and Lauren. And now this year I was alone with Josh, Lauren and Ella. So not only was he unable to go out to dinner with me...he stuck me with another kid each year! ;-)
Sadly, the most exciting part of my birthday was saving some serious dough!! Between the Walgreen's ad, my aunt's discount and my killer coupons I saved $147!!!
That is NOT a typo!! $147!!!
My purchases include 10 packages of diapers, 3 bags of wipes, 6 containers of formula and 3 packages of Overnight Pull Ups.
Isn't that amazing?!?!?
We also had a new home security system installed on Friday. It pretty much took all day as we elected for the "Fort Knox" package. With Dustin gone as much as he is and as paranoid as I am we decided this was best for everyone. It only took 24 hours before the first phone call from ADT. Lauren pushed the panic button. Glad to know it works!!!
Then Saturday. Dora, Dora, Dora! That girl was everywhere at my house and Lauren had a BLAST!! She was more than happy to open presents and had a great time in the spot light. I just sat there in a daze and wondering how the heck two years have gone so fast!
Josh pretty much wanted nothing to do with the gift portion of the festivities. He was more than happy to sit and play with Papa Adam's iTouch.
I look at that picture and I see the next 8 years. I see Josh getting drug around to dance practice, piano practice, sports practice and any other practice for Lauren and him sitting in the corner hypnotized by some electronic device. Poor kid.
Ella was just happy to have someone hold her...or to sleep. She's a growing girl after all!!
We all had a great time and the weather was absolutely gorgeous...the cake wasn't bad either!
The "baby" cousins got a chance to check each other out again. Neither one looked too impressed with the other and instead of looking at each other they looked at the adults and wondered what the big fuss was about.
That photo was about five seconds before Reagan toppled over onto Ella and then they were both done with our little photo shoot.
After we got cleaned up from the party and I changed Lauren for the second time (good news is she loves her water table...bad news is she gets soaked) we decided to give Josh his birthday present a little early. Dad and Thomas and Dustin and I went in on a nice basketball hoop for him. And instead of waiting to give it to him at the end of summer we thought it would nice if he could use it all summer long.
And can you believe that when I asked Josh if he minded opening his birthday present early he said, "No"? Big shock, right?
As you can see...he was pretty excited.
I'm not quite sure why we keep buying gifts for him that need to be assembled. If you don't remember...go back a few years to the birthday we bought him a swing set. Thankfully, this time it was not as complicated to assemble and it was not 100+ degrees outside either.
While anxiously awaiting our first "swish" the rest of us found ways to keep busy.
Ella found a comfy arm and her favorite thumb.
Lauren had a meltdown.
Josh got suckered into pushing his sister on the swing. And Lauren got her third shirt of the day.
Finally, after all of Dustin, Dad and Joel's hard work Josh got to take the first shot!
Sunday was even more beautiful outside than Saturday and we took full advantage of it! We all had a blast playing basketball and even Mattie got in on it! Josh kept calling her "Air Bud" and let me tell you...that dog plays good defense!
By Sunday night we were all wiped out and yet I still found the strength to make Dora cupcakes for daycare on Monday. I offered to have Lauren help me but she was only interested in the frosting. Funny that.
Not much else is going on this week. We are camping this weekend so we hope no one has any big outdoor activities planned this weekend because if the Brickers go camping...it means rain.
Have a great week!
2 comments:
Wow, I want to know how you save all that money! I never find deals! I love your blog!
Post a Comment