Today's Daycare Report

Before all of the kids wake up and I forget to tell you...I have to share!

During our morning calendar/story time, I always have the kids sit on their "mats" and then I have always included the babies in this as well...I usually have them sit in the exersaucer or the chair and sit them around in our group time as well.

Well, today, I was putting the mats out for the older kids and Ella was walking around "helping" me. When I called the kids to come find a mat, Ella walked right over to one and plopped down. She continued to sit as they other kids came to join her, so I quickly got out another mat (since I hadn't intended on her sitting on a mat with us.

All of the kids got a kick out of it and cheered her on for being such a BIG girl. Amazingly, she continued to sit! She made it through calendar time and then halfway through a story. She then woudl stand up, pick her mat up and I told her, "no, no, Ella, it's story time" and then she would plop right back down. She was just too darn cute!

She's growing up on us!!! I usually don't start having them actually try to sit with us until about 16 months old, but looks like she's ready to strut her stuff now! :-)

0 comments:

I drive a mini-van. I have a love/hate relationship with tax season. I adore anything kate spade. I am a mother to three children: Josh the second grader, Lauren the preschooler and Ella the toddler. This is my blog. I am Elizabeth Bricker.
 
Copyright 2009 The Brickers All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes