The shock of a lifetime!

Well...I'll just come out and say it....

WE ARE...

Photobucket

I know, I know. Pick your jaw up off the table. We were very surprised, too. To be honest, I don't think it has really sunk in yet. I find myself forgetting or thinking it was just a dream but then I remember...this is for real. And that's when I blurt out, "I can't believe it."

Saturday morning we were all down in the basement playing a video game. This was the conversation...

ME: I'm late.
DUSTIN: How late?
ME: Late.
DUSTIN: (excited) HOW LATE?
ME: Like...8 days late.
DUSTIN: Are you serious?

(pause)

DUSTIN: Have you ever been this late before?

(pause)

ME: Yeah.....twice. (As Josh and Lauren sit in between us.)

We finished playing Josh's game and I came upstairs to take a shower. I quick took a test and hopped in the shower figuring that by the time I was finished the results would be ready.

Dustin came in to shave and said, "Is this a new test?" I completely thought he was joking. I said, mockingly, "Yeah?" He asked if I had seen it. I told him to shut up. He said, "I think you need to look at this."

He handed it over the top of the shower and even without my glasses I could see what it said. At about that time my vision went blurry, my body went numb and I screamed, "OH. MY. GOD!"

When I think about everything we went through to get our little Lauren..well, lets just say I never thought this would be possible on our own again. We are overjoyed, nervous, overwhelmed and obviously very excited.

I really cannot believe this is happening. It's been a complete whirl-wind and I pretty much felt God grab the wheel and change our lives' direction in a millisecond.

And I thank Him for it because the feeling has been amazing.

Saturday night we went to church and the sermon was about sowing the seeds of faith. And as I sat there I couldn't help but think of the news we had just received and how fitting the message. The closing hymn was one of Dustin's favorites, "On what has now been sown", and I stood there singing...really listening to the words and couldn't help but feel emotional.

The weather was gorgeous this weekend. We pretty much were outside from Friday night until late Sunday night. I took the kids on a nice long walk on Friday night and again on Sunday morning.

Photobucket

We had the ritual "hosing down with sunscreen" just about every hour and like in times past...mom forgot to protect herself. How do we do that as mothers? I have the children slathered like pigs at the county fair with sunscreen and yell at them if they take their hats off for even just one second, yet I stand out there with not one drop of protection.

Oh well.

So while Dustin mowed today the kids and I played on the swing set and enjoyed the glorious weather.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Have a great week!!!

And I'm asking for volunteers of someone willing to tell my boss that I'm due in the middle of tax season.....any takers?

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Awwww! Congrats....I'm so excited for you...and thankful its not me :) How neat!!! You will be filling that new camper up in no time!!

Anonymous said...

I am thrilled for you guys!! That is great news. Good luck with your boss!!

I drive a mini-van. I have a love/hate relationship with tax season. I adore anything kate spade. I am a mother to three children: Josh the second grader, Lauren the preschooler and Ella the toddler. This is my blog. I am Elizabeth Bricker.
 
Copyright 2009 The Brickers All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes