Thursday night Dad and I took the kids out to a park since it was such a beautiful night. They had a blast and Josh was quick to make friends with other kids but poor Lauren was devastated her big brother had found other friends to play with. I felt so bad for her because she kept running behind him yelling, "Josh! Josh!". Once mommy jumped in to play with her all was well with the world again.
We got some super cute pictures of Ella, too!
Then Sunday was Ella's baptism. What a day! It was so nice to get the families together, as always. Once we got past the cake disaster and fiasco at church we got to focus on the reason to celebrate: our little Ella!
We are extremely thankful that so many people traveled to be with us for her baptism. But I cannot thank one person enough; my Dad. He helped me get ready for the party all week and pretty much cleaned my house from top to bottom for me. He has always been so supportive and helpful and I cannot even begin to find a way to thank him enough.
Thanks again, Dad!!
Josh is doing well and unless I told you he had surgery you would never know otherwise. I swear we were home a matter of three hours and he was up jumping around like nothing had happened on Thursday. We are so thankful that everything went to smoothly and are grateful for the excellent care he received at Mercy Hospital.
I went to pick him up from school yesterday and needed to tell his daycare bus driver that he would not be going with her. As we waited a group of girls came up and waited by us.
Me: Josh, do these guys go to your daycare, too?
Josh: Mom, those aren't guys. Their women.
Me: Well...my mistake.
He kills me!
Then on Saturday we walked in the house and dad has just mopped the kitchen and foyer floors and the smell of Pine Sol filled the air.
Me: Boy, it smells good in here, huh?
Josh: Mom...that's the smell of cleanliness.
Seriously. I was both offended and impressed by his vocabulary at the same time.
Hope everyone has a great week ahead of them!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment