Christmas Eve 2010

Our house has had quite the week! Lauren threw up at the dinner table on Sunday night and that pretty much kicked it all off! I thought for sure we were in the clear by Tuesday night but wouldn't you know just as I put Ella to bed on Tuesday I heard her start to cry and went to check on her just as I saw her puking in her bed.

I told several people this week that no matter how many times I see my children get sick I always have the same reaction: shock. I pulled her out of her crib and set her on the floor and just stared at her for thirty seconds as my mind processed what I should do. I crouched down to her to attempt to comfort her and yelled for Josh to grab a towel. He, of course, wanted to see the show and ignored my command in order to come get a front row seat. And that's just about when she coughed and sprayed me in the face. I believe that is also the moment when I caught the flu because by Wednesday night I knew I was in for it.

I had planned on taking Thursday off to enjoy a day with the kids and finish some last minute tasks, but you know what they say about the best laid plans. ;-)

I was utterly and completely out of commission on Thursday. It was awful. Everything on/in my body hurt. And, as luck would have it, the children were back to normal. It was about as bad as things could get and I wasn't sure if we'd make it to Christmas Eve or not. But, alas...we did!!

The kids put out their cookies and milk for Santa and I think he may have had some help in eating the cookies this year because Mattie had a hint of sugar on her breath when we got home. ;-)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Ella decided to take a break from all the unwrapping to shove as many M&Ms in her mouth as humanly possible. That girl is pretty particular about what she will and will not eat....but chocolate is always good, apparently!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

We had a wonderful Christmas Eve!! After church and after snacking and after all the gift unwrapping we were able to just sit around and play for awhile with the kids. Their feet were barely touching the floor as they ran around with excitement over their new treasures! If only their parents had as much energy as they.

0 comments:

I drive a mini-van. I have a love/hate relationship with tax season. I adore anything kate spade. I am a mother to three children: Josh the second grader, Lauren the preschooler and Ella the toddler. This is my blog. I am Elizabeth Bricker.
 
Copyright 2009 The Brickers All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes